Sr Product Marketing Manager
Zipline is 100% remote and accepts applicants from Canada, US & International.
Hi. We’re Zipline! We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most - - retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
With Zipline, employees feel more connected, understand the role they play in the brand’s mission and can feel good about the work they’re doing. This is important to us because retail is one of America's most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minority, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of the family.
We love helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
Our ideal candidate is a creative and quantitative thinker, familiar with product marketing but experienced in retail. We need somebody who's infectious enthusiasm for the retail industry and our customers make them one of the best product spokespersons at our company!
- Project manage all product launches and lead the development of positioning + messaging for new products, so our target market (and our whole company) understands exactly what we’re releasing and why it’s so amazing.
- Own the ongoing development of our buyer personas and user personas, performing field research as necessary to ensure we’re always empathizing with our customers and prospects.
- Conduct competitive research to understand industry trends and potential product gaps, then translate those learnings to the product team to help prioritize our roadmap and refine our approach.
- Be a product evangelist for Marketing: Help the Demand team plan campaigns that nurture new leads, work with our Content team to develop content that elevates our brand as a thought leader, and serve as a product spokesperson during select industry events and important customer meetings.
Help our Sales team solve real customer problems: Distill your insights into one-pagers, decks, ROI calculators, and other tools that enable our sales team to better tell our story and explain Zipline’s value.
More about you:
At least 2-3 years of relevant Product Marketing or Product Management experience, preferably in SaaS.
- A strong understanding of SaaS-based solutions and product marketing best practices and a passion for technology.
- Comfortable in a rapidly growing environment that demands a combination of technical product knowledge, storytelling and positioning skills, and the ability to influence across multiple functions levels and in our company.
- A stellar communicator with exceptional writing skills, able to easily consolidate sophisticated ideas into clear, succinct executive summaries.
- Proficient in G Suite and skilled with (or willing to learn the ins and outs of) Basecamp, Slack, Miro, and ProductBoard.
- Self-motivated, dependable, dedicated, and passionate about making a difference.
Retail experience not required, but a huge plus!
What's in it for you:
Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City.
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Want to learn more about us?
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science - - a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home - - or vans - - or sailboats.
Sound too good to be true? We haven’t even gotten to our customers! Think about the best retail brands, from your favorite tennis shoes to yoga pants. They’re customers. And, in addition to dozens of specialty retailers, this year we added grocery store, pharmacy, and convenience store brands. In fact, we more than doubled our customers in 2020.
And, the word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.