Back-end Software Engineer (Remote - Europe)
A bit about us
Virtuoso improves the speed and quality of software development by empowering everyone to create and automate tests. We believe that anyone in the business, not just engineers, should be able to create tests for the part of their platform that they know best. Scaled in the cloud, using automation with AI, Virtuoso enables this to happen. We have already achieved remarkable success and are rapidly expanding our team to take us into our next stage of growth.
At Virtuoso you'll have the freedom to make decisions quickly and execute them, to work collaboratively with colleagues in other countries, (our product team is based in UK, Portugal, and Spain, so advanced written and spoken English is a must), and you'll be able to apply your degree (or equivalent) in computer science or software engineering to build a robust and scalable enterprise product to allow organisations to test their software faster and more effectively than ever possible before.
What we need from you ...
You'll blend your exceptional Java skills with your passion for writing code and solving problems to support our engineering team in developing a research-lead application.
Engineering at Virtuoso is a multifaceted role, so whilst we absolutely insist on top-notch Java skills, you should also bring a wealth of experience with algorithms and data structures, and enjoy working in a full-stack engineering capacity.
We know that as engineers you'll have a mix of different skills, technologies and experiences, so instead of a long boring list of ‘skills' or technologies we want people to have, we thought sharing details of our tech stack would be more interesting to you.
Our Tech Stack:
- Java services (distributed architecture)
- PostgreSQL for relational database
- Vue ecosystem for frontend
- AWS (ECS, S3, CloudFront, ALB, Lambda, SQS, etc.), some GCP and K8S
- Prometheus for metric monitoring
- DataDog for logging
- Terraform for infrastructure management
- Github for source control
- CircleCI for CI / CD
- Your favourite technology that can help solve challenges
What's in it for you ...
- The opportunity to bring your own ideas to reality (we love new solutions and ideas!)
- Team retreats every 6 months... somewhere nice because you've earned it!
- Full Jetbrains pack license (IntelliJ et al)
- Private health insurance for you and your family
- Take your birthday as a holiday every year!
- Sabbatical opportunities
- Generous allowance to choose your laptop or MacBook.
- Home office set up allowance.
- Training/personal development budget of a minimum of £500 per year
- Wellbeing initiative and allowance.