Infrastructure Engineer (Site Reliability Engineer, SRE)
**The Mission We're On
We exist to inspire and empower every public servant to address society's pressing issues. With our Socrata product, we impact society by enabling governments of all sizes to employ data-driven leadership through sharing data and insights.
What we do matters; 🗽 New York, 🎡 Seattle, 🌉 San Francisco and 300+ other cities, states and counties use us to connect citizens with information that matters to their day to day life. To learn more about our Socrata solutions, visit tylertech.com/products/socrata.
Why Your Job Is Important **
You’ll help design, build, operate, monitor, and grow the platform that hosts our global client base. You will work side-by-side with the rest of the engineering team to ensure our new features and services meet our security, performance and reliability standards. You will build the infrastructure that makes other engineers even more productive.
Your Skills* AWS
+ Building out environments (Setting up VPC, configuring ACLs and security groups)
+ IAM user/key management
+ Familiarity with other services including: EC2, S3, RDS, ECR, EKS
+ Experience with other non-AWS infrastructure as a service platforms is also relevant.
- Understanding of Linux OS at a systems level.
- Systems engineer experience is a plus
- Ubuntu knowledge is a plus
- Strong familiarity with at least one dynamic language (Ruby or Python is a plus)
- Experience writing configuration as code
- Familiarity with objected oriented programming and data structures is a plus
- Experience with and proficient with at least one configuration management tool (e.g. Chef, Salt, Ansible, Puppet, etc)
- Experience specifically with Chef is a plus
- Experience with Docker
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience with Mesos and Marathon is a plus
- Networking skills are a plus
- You are interested in working with engineers to help scale and optimize their services.
- You are calm in high-pressure situations and skilled at triaging situations.
On a Typical Day You Might...* Contribute patches to open-source tools to better support our mission and operations.
* Participate in on-call rotation, which includes all our engineering staff.
* Partner with security staff to implement advanced security and compliance requirements for our clients.
* Diagnose and fix systems and software failures and build additional automation to prevent the failure scenario from reoccurring.
* Manage DNS and SSL configurations for customer domains.
* Build out a production environment.
* Upgrade our infrastructure.
* Perform various AWS administration and operations tasks.
We are based in Seattle, WA. Our office space is beautiful and you're welcome to use it, however physical presence in Seattle is not required for this role. Our engineering team operates in Pacific Time, all team members must be available for meetings and collaboration for 6 consecutive hours between 9 am - 3 pm PST.
Due to the requirements of some of our clients, we are only considering candidates who are *currently residents in the U.S.
Visa Sponsorship:* At this time, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship opportunities for this position.