Director of People
We’re looking for a Director of People Operations to lead and grow the People Team and help us scale Status as an organization. Could this be you?
We believe in the sovereignty of individuals and a world where technology enables free flow of information. The Status Network is a collection of projects that build the products, tools and infrastructure for resilient, sustainable and inclusive communities.
The People team at Status comprises Talent Acquisition and People Operations, and is currently formed by three 360 Recruiters, two People Ops Consultants and one People Coordinator. The team is growing to be able to support Status’ continued evolution, and you will be able to shape that growth.
As a core contributor, you will work closely with our Founders and Leaders, and approach your role with a healthy balance of strategic planning while always being hands-on.
You will be instrumental in expanding our capacity to bring in, onboard and retain talent by delivering an incredible contributor experience. You will champion our culture of freedom and responsibility while making sure the work environment at Status is second to none.
Key responsibilities: Oversee and give input to Status’s organisational strategy, setting processes for effective goal setting, tracking, and alignment
* Work closely with the Finance and Legal teams to define, implement and oversee People-related and cross-team processes involving People Ops, such as budgeting, payroll, onboarding, headcount planning and performance management
* Manage the entire talent planning process, acting as a business partner to team leads
* Oversee internal communications initiatives, such as newsletters and Town Halls
* Refine our end-to-end approach to values, people development, reward, and experience
* Oversee annual Offsite and other events to bring together the distributed team
* Resolve sensitive people matters with the utmost integrity, discretion, and thoughtfulness
* Respond to a wide variety of challenges and support requests that fall to the People team to resolve on a day-to-day basis
* Provide 1:1 support, coaching, and guidance to all core contributors.
*You ideally will have:* Experience with globally distributed organizations and a strong ability to communicate and manage asynchronously
* Knowledge across the full range of HR disciplines, gained in contemporary people cultures: compensation, benefits, rewards, recognition, engagement, recruiting, talent development, operations
* An ability to prioritize and work fluidly in a fast-paced, remote-first tech startup environment, flexing between strategic and tactical/hands-on tasks as needed
* A passion for building and scaling out a strong, collaborative remote culture that helps people reach their full potential.
* A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
* Experience in, or passion for, blockchain technology.
Bonus points if you have:*** Experience working for a distributed, remote-first organization.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
Paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location, plus a grant of Status Network Tokens. More info on SNT here: https://status.im/snt-utility/. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/