Mid-level Python Engineer
Shake is an online review management platform that helps businesses maximize their growth by providing tools and intelligence to companies ranging from SMBs to Fortune 500.
We're an established business with thousands of paying customers and a team of 15, and are searching for a full-time remote Python Engineer to help us build out our services. You’ll be an important part of our early-stage team and work on several projects including web scraping, internal frameworks and microservices. We are looking for someone who is excited about building out game-changing technologies that are used by software engineers, data scientists, quants and data analysts all around the world.
Being bootstrapped (not venture-backed) and fully remote, we don't strive for growth at all costs, and are building a company that we can be proud of, and enjoy working for.
Our ideal candidate has:* strong knowledge of Python (3+ years)
* experience with Redis and queues (Celery)
* good knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
* experience with web data extraction
* experience with modern APIs based on REST (FastAPI)
* fluent english and excellent communication skills
Nice to have:* experience creating products for developers, data engineers and/or data consumers
* experience with high volume scraping and building scraper
* passion for writing clean code and tests
* experience with ElasticSearch
* hands-on approach and is proactive
* keen eye for detail, striving for perfection
Our tech stack:* Python, FastAPI
* MySQL, MongoDB
* Github, CI/CD
* Docker, Kubernetes
In a typical day, you will:* uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to our product development
* create and develop new functionalities as well as maintain existing ones
* implement scrapers based on ongoing requirements
* write clean and scalable code
* write code-reviews
* learn best practices from other team members
Benefits:Our team is fully remote and we communicate primarily through Slack, YouTrack, Notion and a few weekly meetings via Google Meet - we believe the best work happens when given lots of uninterrupted time that's free of distractions.
- $33600 - $45600 yearly salary (USD)- 26 days holidays- Co-work expenses covered- $500 / year learning budget