Chief Technical Officer
Hi, we're Shake. We're a B2B technology company that is creating the best-in-class online review management solution for SMBs through Enterprise. We leverage big data to enable workflows that have never been seen before, with a software as a service approach in Reviewshake and data as a service approach in Datashake.
We're an established business with thousands of paying customers and a team of 20, and are searching for a CTO that can help us get the company to the next stage. As a tech company, you will be one of the most important people in the company and taking ownership will be key. You're a proactive, sharp and self-motivated individual who has successfully shifted from being an individual contributor to being a manager, while still getting your hands dirty from time to time. You love communicating and leading your team towards success, taking us from where we are now to where we want to (or need to) be!
Being bootstrapped (not venture-backed) and fully remote, we don’t strive for growth at all costs, and are building a company that we can be proud of, and enjoy working for.
In a typical day, you will:* Architect, build and scale new features
* Be responsible for overall code quality, reviews and unit tests
* Coach, mentor and support our team of engineers
* Make sure we’re meeting our product roadmap
* Maintain technical documentation
* Communicate and report progress to the team
Our ideal candidate has:* 7+ years of experience building web applications
* Managed a team of 10+ developers and led a large project to production
* Expert-level proficiency in Ruby on Rails and Python
* 3+ years hands-on DevOps experience (Ubuntu, AWS, GCE)
* 3+ years with SQL (MySQL / PostgreSQL)
* Expertise with Git and CI / CD workflows
* Excels at both written and verbal communication
Nice to have:* Experience with machine learning (text classification, NLP, clustering)
* Data science (data analysis, visualization)
* Web scraping (residential proxies, captchas, high throughput)
* An eye for building beautiful and intuitive apps
Our team is fully-remote and we communicate primarily through Slack, Asana, Google Docs and a few short, weekly meetings via Hangout — we believe the best work happens when given lots of uninterrupted time that’s free of distractions.
- $60,000 - 120,000 salary (USD per annum)
- 3 - 6% options
- 26 days holidays
- Co-work expenses covered
- $500 / year learning budget
- Company device provided
Application process:1. 30 minute screening call with our Operations Manager
2. 60 minute call with our CEO focused on soft skills
3. 60 minute call with our CEO focused on hard skills
4. 60 minute paid workshop where our CEO and you work on a problem together
5. Reference check with 2-3 former colleagues