Senior Data Analyst
We are looking for a brilliant UK based Data Analyst to join the team to help us make smart decisions and succeed in our mission to change the way millions of families talk to their children about money and develop financial confidence.
Data is used by all teams to develop and improve our product and performance. We use it to inform our decisions, build a better product for our users, ensure we deliver on our business objectives and meet our regulatory requirements.
This role is responsible for keeping all reporting accurate and up to date, performing ad-hoc data reporting, providing data-driven insight, support and advice to the Business, reporting into the head of commercial and insights.
RoosterMoney is a pocket money app and prepaid debit card that helps parents teach their kids the value of money in a digital age. Simple, progressive and gameful, we bring to life all the sound traditional financial principles we were brought up with (or wish we were!) and make managing money smart, fun & relevant for the modern world.
We believe the world would be a better place if we all talked about money a little earlier on in life. Research shows that our money habits are formed by the age of seven. That's a pretty amazing opportunity to help give kids a head-start in building habits that will stick with them for life.
We operate a remote first culture, but make time to all get together every couple of months.
Hundreds of thousands of families have downloaded the RoosterMoney app since our launch in January 2016.
RoosterMoney has been featured in The Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Financial Times to name a few. We've been on the BBC and are considered experts in our field.
In addition to our Tracker, we offer the Rooster Card, a prepaid Visa card for kids with parental controls. We are scaling rapidly which offers lots of scope to grow for anyone joining the company.
Roostermoney recently became part of the Natwest Group. With the backing of Natwest, one of the UK's largest high street banks, we can help even more parents and children build their financial confidence and capability. The vision of Natwest aligns strongly with our own and their commitment to improving financial capability matches our shared passion for helping to teach children about money. This offers exciting opportunities for both our staff and customers.
The role is focused on data, business intelligence and reporting and the right candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of business intelligence and data.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and manage and coach other team members
- Good communication skills.
An ability to prioritise.
You will be expected to:
Deliver consistent and timely insights.
- Transaction monitoring success.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of data analytics.
- Ensure that all reporting is accurate and timely
Coach and mentor more junior colleagues
Champion data and insight in the business
- Manage business reporting to ensure the team is informed at all times.
- Go beyond the numbers to provide insight, reasons and theories for results. And supporting the team to (dis)prove any theory.
- Work with the management team to ensure overall business objectives are met.
- Work with compliance to manage transaction monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with all areas of the business to build out the reporting suite to monitor key KPI's and MI.
- Provide data insights for Marketing, Compliance, Product, and Product Marketing to ensure that we are constantly optimising
- Identify opportunities across the customer acquisition funnel, CAC, and LTV, Retention, Feature Usage, User Activity, and Conversion to help create the best possible experience for customers and the best outcomes for the business.
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes.
- Monitor and audit data quality.
- Review reporting with the team on a regular basis.
- Analyse, understand and help forecast future trends.
- Develop data dashboards and reports, and optimise to improve their utility and clarity.
- Help to train and enable other team members to self-serve their data requirements.
- Identify any discrepancies or errors in data, and work to ensure issues are identified as soon as possible.
Optimising data processing, and spotting areas for improvement.
With previous proven experience and strong skills in the following:
Visual analytics platform (QuickSight/PowerBI/ Tableau/etc)
- Cloud data platforms (AWS preferred)
- Comfortable with SQL (and Python is a plus)
- Data focused degree (or computer science)
- Knowledge of web analytics (Google Analytics / Firebase)
- Creating, prototyping and publishing reports with a visual analytics platform
- Happy building and working with datalake structures.
- Experience with training junior analysts.
We will provide you with an in depth induction to get you up and running, familiar with our processes and people. You will work remotely but should be expected to attend meetings in London or the South West as and when required.. We are a small team so a good cultural fit and understanding our remote working culture is really important.
- Work with a fun, passionate team building something awesome
- Competitive salary
- Regular team get-togethers and social events (when permitted)
- Remote working (but we also meet up in London & Bristol)