Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
Remote Work. We know the best work doesn’t always happen in person. Our people have the choice to work from wherever they do their best work. For some of us that means our homes, while others prefer to use our office in Boston (the Seaport). With flexible working locations and hours, we support Robinauts across the US.
Robin is the first workplace management platform designed for flexible work. Every day, thousands of offices across the world use our software to find rooms, desks, and coworkers. Used by companies such as Toyota and Twitter, Robin empowers workplace professionals to build (and reopen) the best version of their office, so people do their best work.
What We’re Looking For:
As a key member of the Systems Operations Team, the DevOps Engineer contributes to the development and maintenance of Robin’s infrastructure in AWS.
The Systems Operations team works closely with engineers in the deployment of services to our Kuberenetes platform. You will work with security and compliance to meet AWS security best practices and facilitate access to AWS and other services on the principle of least privilege.
We’re Hiring Someone Who Will:
Function as a system administrator for a complex systems software development and service deployment project, and provides technical support in developing, maintaining, and using cloud infrastructure.
* Administer, operate and maintain components of an AWS platform.
* Monitor and Manage EKS, EC2, S3, RDS and other pertinent cloud resources.
* Develop and Maintain automation processes for deployments and infrastructure provisioning.
* Resolve complex Linux operating systems administration issues.
* Secure VPCs, VPNs, operating systems and web applications against compromise.
* Assist security vulnerability assessments and penetration testing along with internal teams and 3rd party vendors.
* Assist in documenting security, data and network policies.
* Monitor high-availability and disaster recovery plans to maintain business continuity and SLAs.
* Work with internal teams to maintain their products in a cross cloud environment.
* Assist Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes and best practices (DevOps).
* Participate in on-call rotations.
You’ll Succeed In This Role If You:
Have 3-5 years of experience working as a Systems Engineer or DevOps role.
* Have an understanding of Linux fundamentals.
* Have strong IAM experience.
* Bring experience with AWS security groups.
* Quickly and correctly deliver under urgent circumstances while maintaining a professional demeanor.
* Bring solid understanding of networking and security.
* Have the ability to write clear documentation.
* Are experienced with git.
* Understand compliance standards such ISO 27001 and SOC 2.
* Company-funded health benefit options
* 100% Paid Parental Leave
* Unlimited vacation time (that we actually use!)
* Work from home flexibility
* Recognition perks through Blueboard
* 12 company holidays
* And more
We Celebrate Diversity
Robin is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world around us. We believe that the key to good work is empowering our people and we know that diversity and inclusion are a large part of this equation. Our realities shape our everyday experiences and it’s our responsibility to our employees, our customers and our communities to address the issues with workplace representation. Robin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For office access, all Robinauts and visitors must provide documented proof of vaccination against COVID-19. If documentation is unavailable, Robinauts and visitors can provide either:- A negative COVID-19 test with results dated within 72 hours prior to their accessing the office, every time they access the office- OR for regular office users, proof of negative COVID-19 testing on at least a weekly basis.