Mid/Senior React Native Developer
We make elegant iOS-based photo booths connected to peripherals like printers, DSLR cameras, and LEDs. It's all powered on the backend by a Node.js API, MongoDB database, and several microservices (also written in Node). Our product suite also includes a web frontend written in React/Next.js.
If you are a kind, respectful, and thoughtful React Native developer (preferably with iOS experience too!) and you want to focus on building high-quality mobile-first products, we're looking for you!
You'll be working on a small team of iOS and React developers, collaborating with other development teams, and implementing software that's so good that our clients don't even notice it exists.
You'd be working in a collaborative, remote-first environment, but we respect the need for independent and heads-down deep work, so we don't have a lot of meetings or bureaucracy. If you are looking for a workplace that respects you as a person, and will both expect and help you to perform at your best, we are the place for you!
You don't need to know all of these for your job, but we hope you're interested in these technologies and have at least some knowledge about most of them.
- Frontend (iOS): iOS native app written in Swift
- Frontend (web): React + Next.js frontend
- React Native bridge for cross-platform support for the 2 frontends (you'd be building this!)
- API: REST + GraphQL, Node.js, Express, Mongoose
- AWS Infrastructure: Lambda, Beanstalk, EC2, S3, CloudFront, SNS, Elasticache, CloudWatch
- Other Infrastructure: GitHub, GitHub Actions
- Databases: MongoDB, Redis
- Other Technologies: FFmpeg, WebRTC, WASM
- Build great software!
- Help unify the management functionality of our web and native apps using React Native
- Upgrade the current software where it isn't great 😥
- Make recommendations (and implement them!) for how to improve overall software quality.
- Come to the table with fresh ideas for how to improve the user experience for our customers.
- Collaborate with other staff to build new features and squash bugs.
Integrate with 1st-party products and services such as our APIs and microservices.
Most importantly, you MUST be kind, respectful, and thoughtful. Strong opinions are very welcome. Jerks are not.
- Secondly, you must be willing to work in the context of a team. Yes, many of your deliverables will be due to heads-down programming, but you can't work in a vacuum or ivory tower.
- Hands-on work experience as a React Native developer.
- Hands-on work experience as either an iOS developer or a web developer (or both!)
- Track record of building high-quality, battle-tested software.
- Experience with all the basics: version control, CI, agile development, communication tools like Slack, etc
- We are a remote-first company, but you need a few hours of overlap with Pacific Time so you can collaborate synchronously sometimes. If you aren't west of UTC-3, it's unlikely to be a good fit for you.
🏥 Health Benefits
👴 401K for California Based Employees
📚 Education Stipend
💻 Remote Work
💰 Bonus Plan
🏝️ Annual Retreat
✈️ Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
💼 Quarterly Financial Meetings
📊 Open Book Management
💪 Intimate Team