Engineering Manager (Mobile & Web)
Time zones: GMT (UTC +0), CET (UTC +1), EET (UTC +2), MSK (UTC +3)
Peanut is a safe social network for all women with 2M+ members.
Why join us:* build tech for good (really)
* true remote environment (all of Engineering is full remote)
* very experienced team (10y+ average experience)
* unique tech & product challenges
* competitive compensation (80-120 k€/year)
👪 Your team and context
You'll be joining our Frontend team (6 engineers) as their Engineering Manager. This team is responsible for designing, building, testing, and operating our native and web apps.
Your peers will be David (EM for the Backend team) and Julien (CTO, acting EM for the Data team).
🎯 Your missions
1. Line management: keep your team happy and healthy.
Coach and grow your team’s skills, collect and act on their feedback.
Project management: keep the team efficient.
Coordinate a squad, help it stick to process and plan well, keep projects on track, coordinate with peers and with stakeholders to enable delivery of our roadmap.
Hiring: grow our team.
Contribute to candidate outreach, interface with recruiters, screen resumes, conduct and/or organise interviews with our engineers.
Keep being an engineer.
We believe that strong EMs stay in the game, so we'll expect some technical contributions to our projects — although we do appreciate they'll have to be limited.
Share your ideas.
You'll participate in ideation workshops, as well as be expected to submit ideas for new features, be they technical or user-facing. Everyone contributes to the product because we'd never want to miss out on good ideas.
* Competitive compensation: €80-120k/year depending on experience.
Work anywhere (in Europe).
We care about the work done, not where you do it from. Most of us work remotely full time, and we're equally happy if you'd prefer to work from our London HQ or anywhere in Europe. You just need a suitable workspace and a good internet connection.
Many of us are parents and/or have various personal life commitments. While we typically work around 40 hours a week, how you schedule your work hours is up to you.
Professionally,* You have 2+ years of proven leadership experience (as Lead Engineer across multiple projects/companies, or as Engineering Manager)
* You have 5+ years of engineering experience, with native mobile apps (iOS, Android) or web frontend (React ideally).
* You have strong computer science fundamentals, from data structures to algorithmic complexity.
* You have worked in an early-stage startup environment.
* You have worked remotely, with a distributed team.
Personally,* You want to build technology for good.
* You feel that our work ethic resonates with yours, and you see how they can act as guidance for your day-to-day work.
* You are fluent in written and spoken English.
* You live in Europe (incl. EU, EEE, or UK).
* You are willing to travel 3-4 days every 2-3 months (post-pandemic) to meet the team.