Senior Platform Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for someone to design, build and codify our next-generation cloud architecture! As part of the Platform Infrastructure team, you will be working closely with senior technical leads in the implementation of our new infrastructure platform. We’ve learned a lot during our company’s rapid growth, and are now going to think BIG and re-imagine the future of the infrastructure on which everything else will run.
What You’ll Be Doing Provisioning cloud infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure as code (Vagrant, Terraform, Ansible, Tower, Packer, and Github)
* Developing, deploying, and maintaining tools built from the ground up in support of self-service, quality, security, and compliance initiatives.
* Consulting with engineering teams to help them leverage our platform and tools on which to run their applications
* Collaborating with product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a self-service platform that streamlines application developer productivity and throughput
* Create foundational pipelines and automation to deploy containerized applications onto Kubernetes or Nomad clusters
* Solving new problems with modern technologies such as HashiCorp Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
* Analyze resource requirements and usage, and suggest options to optimize and cut costs.
What We’ll Expect From You* Excellent problem solving & analytical skills, with a high degree of proficiency and/or mastery in cloud architecture.
* Experience developing infrastructure and automation solutions in an always up, always available environment.
* Experience with networks, security groups, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components.
* Proficiency with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer in a cloud environment.
* Knowledge of security and compliance best practices.
* Proficiency in scripting in BASH, Python, Powershell, and other languages.
* Experience supporting build/deploy pipelines and Git workflows.
Nice to Have Experience implementing and supporting a containerization platform with tools such as Docker, Nomad, and Kubernetes.
* Prior hands-on experience with Hashicorp products such as, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
* Experience with AWS service, including low-level EC2, VPC, S3, and ELB; and managed services like EKS, RDS, and ElastiCache.
* A firm grasp of event-driven architectures, CQRS, and service mesh.
What’s Important to Olo* Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
* Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
* We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
* We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
* We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
* Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!