Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
Oddball believes that we can bring change and improve the daily lives of millions by bringing quality software to the federal space. Our team is full of experienced engineering, product, and user experience professionals who love bringing scalable solutions to life as much as they love working with clients to solve problems. We value learning, growth, and the ability to make a big impact at a rapidly growing company.
We are looking for a Business Analyst that can collaborate with clients, stakeholders and technical teams. This role will be providing the support to translate business and system requirements from the stakeholders’ into actionable software requirements in order to ship great products. The Business Analyst will effectively communicate and incorporate business investment themes into the Software Development Life Cycle, while being able to escalate any potential gaps or issues to clients and stakeholders.
We are looking for an analytical, business-savvy and communicative Business Analyst to join our team and help deliver quality products for our clients.
What you'll be doing
The ideal candidate will be working collaboratively with stakeholders, engineering and operation teams to translate business needs into acceptance criteria that aligns with the software team. This individual will effectively communicate the needs of the clients and stakeholders’ as well as be able to resolve any gaps that present to be a challenge.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications: 3+ years experience writing software requirements in the form of user stories or epics that adhere to best practices
* 2+ years of experience working with the development and quality assurance teams which identified gaps and created robust test cases
* Capable of understanding the business value of a project and can provide support and alignment with engineer and release teams
* Solicit requirements and user stories through customer interviews, working sessions, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures
* Possesses process driven analysis skills and a background in various requirements elicitation methods needed
* Ability to effectively communicate and synthesize complex requirements to any audience, from engineers to stakeholders
* Work with the team to develop project plans, roadmaps and manage backlog. Communicate team plans, report impediments for escalation, identify risks/concerns to relevant stakeholders to help resolve
* Work with product owners and stakeholders to refine vision and establish goals and metrics
* Detail oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills including technical writing skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management
* Has strong analytical and problem solving skills, and is able to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and recommend the best solution
* Self-starter who can come up to speed quickly. Works with little direction and supervision, makes time for unplanned assignments, and adaptable to changing priorities
* Must be able to multi-task and prioritize assignments in accordance to program goals
* Team player who must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team
* Bachelor's Degree
Additional Desired Qualifications:* Knowledge of relational databases concepts and SQL
Must be located within the United States.
This is a full time, remote position. Oddball offers a tech and continuing education stipend. This role requires the ability to obtain a low level security clearance. **
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all Oddball employees will need to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.