Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning, growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help build and improve backend code that interfaces with external systems. While this role will be working with Golang, professional experience in Golang is not required. As an early hire on a small team, you'll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
What you'll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers developing and scaling a major application. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging. As an engineer, you will be expected to give input on high-level architecture decisions and communicate those decisions to other developers on the team.
Requirements 3+ years of experience building products used by customers/clients.
* 3+ years of experience writing services in languages like Golang, Java, .NET, C#, Node, or other backend languages.
* Experience using MongoDB, AWS, and Terraform, with demonstrable experience with systems engineering and automation.
* The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand.
* The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email.
* The ability to keep cool under pressure as you provide first level support for a critical, high traffic application.
*This is a salaried role. Oddball provides a monthly continuing education stipend and a tech stipend. Must be located within the United States. Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required.
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all Oddball employees will need to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.