Senior Digital Project Manager
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
👋🏼 We're Nagarro Digital Ventures.
We are a Digital Product Engineering consultancy who build products, services, and experiences— across all devices and digital mediums that inspire, excite, and delight. Our staff are located all around the world (9600+ experts across 26 countries, to be exact). We're looking for full-time, experienced Project Managers to help us organize and execute our client’s projects.
What do we mean by Project Manager?
Anyone who spent time in the industry knows the definitions of this kind of role can be pretty fluid from company to company. Our definition of the role is relatively expansive and successful Project Manager at Nagarro Digital Ventures would have the following characteristics and qualities:
- Good with clients: you’ll have supporting roles to help you manage the broader client relationship, but you are the day to day point person that maintains client confidence.
- Self-directed: remote work requires self-direction, of course, but you are also the CEO of the project, you work with the client and your team to find and define the best way to execute the project.
- Collaborative: while you may be the “CEO” of the project, that doesn’t mean you are a dictator. We hire competent people, value their areas of focus and expertise, and work together to accomplish the task at hand.
- Competent with Technology: you don’t need to be a software engineer/designer, but you need to be able to talk with software engineers/designers and understand the broad strokes of what they are doing on a given project
- Desire to learn: we often help clients develop new products in a wide variety of spaces with varying levels of expertise. No one person can be expected to be an expert in every field, so you need to be flexible and willing to learn to meet client’s needs.
- Ability to ask for help: even the most competent people occasionally find themselves over their head, either lacking the expertise or enough time to juggle the work. Transparency with both the client and internal executive stakeholders is valued; elevate problems you can’t solve yourself early to the right people.
What does the day-to-day work look like?
Much of you day-to-day is defined by the clients and the projects you have. Often you are empowered to use the tools you prefer because no one tool is right for every job, though sometimes clients require specific tools that better integrate with their systems. This means skill requirements and responsibilities are a little fuzzy, but would include at least the following:
- Organize projects with tools like Jira, Trello, and Slack.
- Organize and run client and internal project meetings.
- Estimate new potential projects and define Scopes of Work with help from biz dev, engineering, and design.
- Drive on-time, on-budget delivery of Scope of Work.
- Resolve issues and conflicts and assess dependencies and risks of the SOW.
- Manage forecasting, time sheets, and billing efforts (with our accounting team) on your projects.
- Provide internal and external project updates for clients and internal executive management.
Occasional travel for in-person client meetings (0-10% of your time), once we are comfortably past the pandemic.
What are the requirements to be considered for this position?
Our requirements are as flexible as our projects can be, there is no bullet proof plan or perfect list of credentials or skills, but the following would put you in strong contention for the position:
Experience in the technology industry.
- Experience with Agile Software Development processes: running scrums and creating sprint plans. Project Management credentials are a bonus, but not required.
- Experience interacting with clients and finding ways to meet their needs.
- Experience leading teams and launching products.
- Experience assessing risk, conflicts, and dependencies on a project.
- Availability during normal North American business hours.
What are the benefits Nagarro Digital Ventures Provides?
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Open Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave, family-friendly flexibility, and good work life balance
- Competitive healthcare benefits including health, dental, and vision
- Work from home
Nagarro Digital Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We are an international team that celebrates diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.