Director of Developer Advocacy
*Who We Are:*
Nacelle is a leading headless commerce platform that turns traditional eCommerce stores into lightning-fast, mobile-first progressive web apps (PWAs). After going headless with Nacelle, eCommerce retailers have seen 25%+ increases in conversion rates, higher average cart sizes, and the support to handle spikes in traffic. We partner with top retailers including Something Navy, Enso Rings and Barefoot Dreams.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. In 2020, we have seen rapid growth and closed impressive funding rounds with our institutional investors including Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We are looking for a community-centric Director of Developer Advocacy to best reach and build relationships with our developer, CTO and technical audiences. This role will be responsible for supporting, engaging with and further building out the community as a technical resource and personality.
To be successful as a Director of Developer Advocacy, you should have a software development background, as well as public speaking skills and an approachable personality. A Director of Developer Advocacy is a past developer who is extroverted and enjoys creating content that educates and taking part in discussions in developer communities.
This role will report directly to the VP of Marketing and will work closely with the Sales and Customer Success teams.
- Build a community: Meetups, forums, Github, Slack, social platform communities, monitoring what people are saying about headless commerce, PWAs and Nacelle, participating in those conversations in a timely manner and starting new ones
- Create and push technical content across blogs, long-form, tutorials, videos and more
- Manage accounts and actively contribute to all channels or mediums developers and CTOs are a part of
- Speak and represent Nacelle at industry events, conferences and meetups (both virtual and in-person)
- Run training sessions and workshops
- Contribute to documentation, code samples, and sample projects
- Provide feedback to the product and customer success teams based on community feedback
- Build credibility around yourself and Nacelle in the developer community
- Maintain relationships and ensure developer satisfaction
*Skills & Qualifications:*
If you have most but not all of these, we still encourage you to apply!
- 4+ years experience in a Developer role and 2+ years in a Developer Evangelism role
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with GraphQL APIs, event-driven architecture and big data
- Experience with Vue and React and frameworks Next, Gatsby and Nuxt
- Experience in technical support and sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a strong affinity for technical writing
- Keen attention to detail
- Comfortable engaging or leading sessions
- Customer-driven mentality, with a drive to go above and beyond to make sure our customers are successful
Love of learning, friendliness, and empathy
*Nice to Have:*
Remote work history
- eCommerce technology experience
Venture-backed startup experience
*Benefits & Perks:*
Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work space setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration