Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails
MightyNest (mightynest.com) is building a remote-first engineering team to scale our operations and build consumer experiences that support healthy and eco-friendly living. We are seeking an experienced software engineer to lead the development of our e-commerce web application. This role is focused on the customer experience. From mobile-optimized landing pages to data-driven product recommendations, we're looking for someone who will obsess over the details that ensure our customers can easily find the products that are right for them. If you enjoy working on a small team and are passionate about the customer experience, this could be the job for you!
MightyNest is a mission-driven company making healthy green living simple and sustainable. Every month we send our MightyFix subscribers one purposeful item that makes it easy for them to tackle one healthy change each month. Customers also shop on our online store of over 2,000 items that meet our rigorous standards for quality, safety and effectiveness.
Our team is passionate about eco-friendly, healthy, and mindful living. We’re building thoughtful consumer experiences that create positive impact. We value teamwork, and have an environment that truly supports a healthy work-life balance. We love what we do – join us!
* Troubleshoot, identify, and fix performance issues and bugs
* Perform regular updates of libraries, frameworks, and other technical components
* Build end-to-end experiences from user interaction on the front-end, data modeling on the back-end, and performance monitoring
* Brainstorm, collaborate, and implement new features, especially in the area of user interface & user experience
* Implement features to make your teammates’ jobs easier, such as creating reports or eliminating repetitive tasks
* Communicate clearly and thoughtfully about your ideas and the work you are doing
*Requirements:* 7 or more years of experience developing software professionally
* A deep understanding of Ruby on Rails, typical of someone with about 5 years of experience
* Experience with PostgreSQL and comfortable writing SQL queries
* Strong adherence to testing
Technologies We Use Include:** Ruby, Rails, Spree Commerce
* PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
* Heroku, Google Cloud Platform
As a member of the MightyNest team, you will work with others in design, marketing, and merchandising in order to define and prioritize work. Pair programming with other engineers to facilitate "thinking out loud" about problems and solutions is a regular part of our development process. You'll play an integral role in our build, measure, learn feedback loop by running experiments that test our hypotheses. The engineering team currently has 2 engineers, so as an early team member you will be a major contributor to the business and have a real impact on engineering culture.
Salary commensurate with experience level. Other benefits include health care, dental care, company holidays, paid time off, and a generous discount on all MightyNest products. Employment is contingent upon successful background check. MightyNest is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit your resume to [email protected] along with a brief note telling us:1. What you are reading/listening to about business, software development, or some other relevant topic.
2. A brief description of a recent software project and details about your role and contribution.
To give you a sense of the kinds of things we’re interested in, here are a few things our team is reading or streaming: The Information: A History, a Theory, a Flood
* The Hard Thing About Hard Things
* Trustworthy Online Controlled Experiments
* Thinking in Systems
* Designing Data-Intensive Applications
* System Design Interview
* How I Built This (podcast)
* Hidden Brain (podcast)