Executive Assistant to the CEO - Fully Remote
Hello, this is Marc Stockman, co-founder and CEO of Metabolic Living, and I need your help. Our $60MM+ 100% remote metabolic optimization business has grown 300% in the last 3 years. It's become challenging for me to keep up with things that matter most: maintaining my commitments, cultivating our culture and building an incredible team. To that end, I'm looking for a super-talented, trustworthy, organized, meticulous, assertive and scrappy Executive Assistant to the CEO. This isn't about managing my travel schedule - it's about building a "CEO system" that can scale as we do.
Together we'll define, build and run a system around the CEO office that allows me, or any CEO after me, to operate as efficiently and effectively as possible in a high-growth, sometimes ambiguous environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a high-energy, tech-savvy, dependable EA to tap into their creative problem-solving abilities to do something really interesting. The system you build will serve as a template to bring on more EAs to support our other C- and VP-level positions. You'll be empowered as our EA leader to recruit, train and cultivate that EA team to deliver as needed.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $100k - $125k + Bonus
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 150+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + Unlimited PTO
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (to standardize our rhythms)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
What's the Ideal EA?
I'm looking for a savvy veteran or prolific up-and-comer who has been an EA before supporting either a CEO or another C-/VP-level executive. You've been-there-done-that and are eager for an opportunity to put into practice everything you've seen work right, while avoiding the landmines you've seen blow up. You love to bring order to chaos, get a thrill out of building repeatable systems that can scale, and are obsessed with checking things off your to-do list. You're proactive about stacking one good habit on top of another and constantly optimize your routine.
You're extremely trustworthy, can handle sensitive information appropriately, consistently exercise sound judgement, present professionally yet have an engaging personality to which others are naturally attracted. You're incredibly passionate about health and wellness and devote substantial time optimizing your own health. Most importantly, as you're reading this, you're thinking the stars have aligned, you can't believe this opportunity exists and you can't wait to apply right away :-).
What's My Story?
I'm not your usual corporate CEO (for better or worse). I've been working remotely since 1999 in one start-up after another with several successful exits. However, I've never operated a company of this scale or ambition before, so I'm learning on the fly, which is both thrilling and challenging. On the one hand, I absolutely love work-from-home as it provides the time and structure to both win at work while being present for my wife and kids. On the other, our ambition to become a billion-dollar brand by 2025 requires we think creatively to figure out how to scale a 100% remote company to support that plan. There is no model to follow, very few companies have done this before - and that's the fun part!
What's it Like Working with Me?
I'm driven, fair, extremely open and have exceptionally high standards for myself and others. I expect everyone I work with to do their homework and be one step ahead of me. I flourish when I'm around others who have almost supernatural-like powers to anticipate problems and pair that with the ability to proactively solve them. My biggest challenges are taking on too much, not delegating fast enough and finding the time to do the little things for others that matter so much in the end.
I'm ambitious, love to build things, process information extremely quickly and prefer to work with others who move at the same speed. I love to cultivate talent, build systems, optimize processes and pair that with the technology and tools to create a finely tuned machine. I LOVE working with others who are passionately into the nerdy details of that as well!
I'm completely obsessed with improving my health and optimizing my metabolism. I try everything first and then share with others. I buy nearly every gadget, try every technique and am constantly looking for the next tweak to deliver another 1% improvement. It's a never-ending process of optimization that's addicting. I feel fortunate that I get to do what I love while building a business that supports 200+ people and their families. And words can't express the deep satisfaction that comes from having helped millions of people attain their health goals in a way that's easily sustainable.
What's Our Culture Like?
We're serious about high-performance, so our culture is built around deep work. This allows uninterrupted time for the focus needed to deliver quality work consistently. Real collaboration and transparency keep us in alignment and office politics out. To that end, we've implemented:
- A standardized 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal/family time
- No standing meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours of truly deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly check-ins to brainstorm, align on priorities and remove bottlenecks
- No meetings the first week of the month to gain momentum for the month ahead
Who Are We and How Are We Different?
Our mission is simple: make living healthy easier than living unhealthy. We do that with our MetabolicOS - an integrated ecosystem of offerings that empower people to optimize their metabolism to feel their best, look their best, perform their best and live longer. It combines exercise, nutrition, coaching, habit change, supplements and functional foods into a unified experience that systematically removes the obstacles to living healthy. 3 major elements make us different:
- Metabolism-Focused - After 11 years of trial-and-error with 500k+ people, we've found optimizing your metabolism delivers the results everyone wants. Most people don't give their metabolism what it needs. Once you do, it gives you back the energy you need to thrive.
- Truly Individualized - Paleo may work great one person, Vegan for another, Keto for another, etc. Everyone's different. To get results that stick, those differences must be respected; if not, things will backfire. That's why our approach is 100% customized to you. There is no perfect program to find, it must be built by you, for you. That's why the typical one-size-fits-all solutions fail - they don't respect our individual differences.
- Integrated Ecosystem - It's too hard to live healthy - lots of great individual solutions, but nothing is connected. We're left to stitch everything together, which is confusing. We simplify by weaving together everything into an integrated suite of what's needed to optimize your metabolism.
What Will You be Doing?
- Build the CEO Office System - Architect the systems and processes that enable me to be as efficient and effective as possible, serving as a template to roll out to EAs for other execs
- Process Email Daily & Manage Calendar - Sort emails into actionable buckets based on urgency and importance to prioritize my focus and ensure my calendar is planned out 2-3 quarters
- Nice Gestures - Proactively do nice surprise-and-delight gestures for my direct reports and for important milestones company-wide (e.g. birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, births, etc.)
- Special Projects - Take the lead on special, ad-hoc, one-off projects to do initial research, assemble action plan, and either deliver it yourself or shorten the time for me to do so
- Track Accountability - Attend my most important meetings, noting down decisions and action items and ensuring any agreements are followed through both by me and others
- Proactive Networking - Reach out to other CEOs and experts to setup informal networking sessions with me to trade best practices, gain expertise and consistently build out my network
Manage LinkedIn - Respond as needed to important messages and/or flag ones that need my personal attention, with goal of responding to everyone kindly, one way or another
What are the Requirements?
5+ Years EA Experience - Worked with other CEOs, C-level or VP-level roles and both deeply understand and love the empowering role you play in their success
- Trustworthy - A truly good person with strong morals and ethics who appreciates confidentiality, knows how/when to be discrete and can be entrusted with sensitive info
- Perceptive Communicator - Fantastic written and verbal communication skills allow you to laser focus in on what's important and clearly and concisely articulate that to others
- Consistently Delivers - Knack for getting things done by being assertive, disciplined and relentless, while using your people skills to progress an agenda in a truly collaborative way
- Great Judgement - Gift of knowing how to make the right decisions at the right time by doing your homework and considering all pieces of the puzzle to make good judgements
- Proactive Problem Solver - Consistently thinks ahead to anticipate needs and proactively solves problems before they happen
- Systematic Organizer - Passion for developing systems and process that get things organized, with also a love for carrying out those routine processes on a day-to-day basis
- Meticulous Researcher - Can process information very quickly on topics that are completely new to come up the learning curve quickly and relate those learnings to others
Tech-Savvy - Mastery of Office 365, Teams and SharePoint with ability to learn new technologies easily, especially those that support a remote work environment technology
100% Work from Home (Forever)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Free Health Products from Company
- More Benefits Added Routinely