We're Knack, a no-code productivity platform that’s redefining how work gets done. Knack is used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest organizations — to run processes, departments, and even entire companies.
And did I mention we're looking for someone who is self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
* Help solve data-driven problems like caching, version control, batch processing, and real-time concurrency.
* Leverage your experience building software products at scale to help apply best practices to an extremely challenging problem space.
* Propose and implement architectural approaches for new features and refactoring legacy code.
* Improve the quality and confidence of a complex codebase with tests, audits, and performance metrics.
* Be an inspiring and supportive teammate by participating in PR reviews, pair programming, active feedback, idea generation, teaching, learning, and in general being a delightful human being.
We’re looking for someone who is:* A problem solver. You aren't afraid to go deep, experiment, learn on the fly, and do the work.
* Experienced as a meaningful contributor to a data-driven architecture at scale.
* Passionate about quality. You do things right the first time by thinking deeply about quality, soliciting feedback, and being test-driven.
* Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
* An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
* Engaging beyond 1s and 0s. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
* Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging - but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
* Data - Both SQL and NoSQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Solr, ElasticSearch
* DevOps & Deployment - All things AWS, Jenkins, Github
* Testing - Cypress, Ghost Inspector, Mocha
* Frontend - Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS
About KnackKnack makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to make their data useful. Our customers use Knack to run their processes, departments, or even their entire companies.
We've been growing steadily since 2012 as we’ve built our team, perfected our product, and nailed our product-market fit.
So how are we different?* We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
* We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
* We’re all a little weird: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars; we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
* We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.
* We work out loud: we’re a flat and autonomous culture that demands superb communication, transparency, and consensus.
You can read more about Knack and the team here.
Benefits & PerksThe biggest benefit is getting to work alongside our awesome team of Knacksters. We’re a funny, humble, talented team of delightful human beings that above all enjoy working with each other, growing with each other, and supporting each other.
These benefits aren't that bad either, though: Define your work: find the location, environment, and schedule that is best for your life and work. It’s not about separation, it’s about optimization. Our only rule is an overlap zone of 11am to 4pm EST.
* Unlimited Paid Vacation: take the time you need to stay motivated, charged, and balanced. You’ll get required days off for birthdays and knackiversaries.
* Paid Corporate Retreats: we get together twice a year at amazing locations to do normal human being things in person. We pay for your flight, lodging, and meals.
* HealthCare: we offer health, vision, and dental, covering 75% of the premium for you and your dependents (spouse + children).
* Family support: we offer a generous paid family leave to welcome any new additions to your family.
* Tech: we provide a top-of-the-line PC or MacBook
We are also passionate about learning and professional development. We provide multiple learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow: Long term growth and learning plans, with regular check-ins to help you level up on what's important to you.
* Have executive-level visibility into how the company is run and performing, including revenue.
* Use an annual allowance to stay on top of your game with training, classes, books, and workshops.
* Attend industry conferences that are meaningful to you.
DiversityWe believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Knack welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity.
How To ApplyAre you currently so excited to apply that you can barely type? Then we want to hear from you!
We review applications in batches, so don't worry if you don't hear from us right away. Qualified candidates will move on to video interviews to discuss the position in detail, meet the team, and talk through the fit. We're also big believers in paid trials whenever logistically possible.
Please note that we can currently only accept applications from those qualified to work in the US.