Australian Sports Content Editor - Time2Play
Time2play.com, part of the KaFe Rocks group, still has many things to do better. We just launched in the middle of 2021, and we're having classical start-up improvement points.
We do offer a compelling vision though, and we are people first. We offer a tremendous amount of flexibility and trust, and we're proud to help all our team members keep growing - and leading as happy and successful lives as possible.
Most gambling affiliates serve their own pockets rather than the users. They fake reviews, switch top lists based on who pays the most, and more.
We're here to change that!
We rate products based on published rating criteria. We refuse to review or change top lists with any influence whatsoever from the commercial partner. If an offer is not good for the user, we share this honestly and transparently.
The dream: Turn the industry into one that actually cares about its users!
We are part of the KaFe Rocks group and are funded by KaFe Rocks. We share the same core values and benefits, but operate as a fully autonomous business unit.
For a detailed insight into our work culture, please check this Medium article.
We are currently searching for an Australian Sports Content Editor to help us conquer the Australian sports vertical with expert, honest, and well-written content.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing very high-quality content for the Australian sports bettor user
- Executing extensive market and SEO research to support your content
- Implementing, editing, and quality-assuring your own content as well as content delivered by your team
- Continuously developing and executing content guidelines and style guides
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments in content writing for both users and SEO
- Contributing actively to the development of the product. Concepts from the content perspective are an integral part of a multidisciplinary team including product, design, tech, and SEO.
- Analysing site data and metrics to continuously improve your content and the product
We're very interested in knowing what YOUR requirements are. This is not us choosing you - it's also you choosing us.
However, before you waste time writing an application, you should know what we're looking for.
Culturally, you'll fit best if you:
- Thrive in an environment defined by ownership, innovation, trust, and a constant strive for greatness
- Enjoy being part of a high-performance, fast-paced team with high expectations and goals
- Prefer to communicate openly and transparently
- Say your opinion even if it means disagreeing with your manager
- Aren't afraid of giving and receiving A LOT of direct but constructive feedback
- Really pay attention to the details when it matters (and to show this, in your application please make sure to somewhere include the following word: "#t2detail")
- Are comfortable regularly stepping into unknown territories and making the best out of it
- In general attack your craft with a growth mindset
Skill-wise, you'll fit the best if you:
- Have strong experience with writing and editing user-centered, high-performing copy (and can demonstrate this)
- Have a great ability to empathize with your users
- Love to research and fact-check extensively
- Have previous experience working in the Australian sports industry
- Have a solid understanding of SEO and its influence on high-performing copy
- Have a real passion for sports
- A bonus extra: Solid foundation in journalism or similar field
Can we list working in an amazing team with super talented and friendly people as a benefit? If we have to say it ourselves. We do have an eNPS score of 70+ sort of proving it.
In terms of salary, the budget for this position is between 30.000€ and 40.000€.
We do believe in the Netflix salary approach. If you're a superstar, there is a chance to go beyond the planned budget.
In terms of other tangible benefits:
- Remote-first - we were founded as a remote company and plan to stay that way.
- An office in Malta called "Oasis" should you prefer to be in an office from time to time.
- Flexible working hours - we care about the outcome, not when you achieve it.
- Unlimited vacation - no upper limit.
- At least 2 hours of work time a week dedicated to your professional development.
- As soon as COVID allows it again: An annual company reunion in a tropical place as well as an annual team round-up in the location of your team's choice
After reading all of the above, please ask yourself:
How likely do you think it is that you will be happy at Time2play on a scale from 1-10?
How likely do you think it is that you can achieve your career goals with us on a scale from 0-10?
If your answer is 7 or above to both questions, we hope to get your application soon.
Please note applications are encouraged regardless of religion, color, creed, sexual orientation, or disability. At Time2play and the KaFe Rocks Group diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values is unwavering.