Senior Software Engineer
RSK is the Smart Contract platform for Bitcoin. Its engine is a forked version of the EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine), and the RVM (RSK Virtual Machine) is compatible with Ethereum Smart Contracts and the tools used to deploy and interact with them.
The Smart Bitcoin (R-BTC) is the native token in RSK and it is used to pay for the gas required for the execution of transactions. It is pegged 1:1 with Bitcoin, which means in RSK there are exactly 21M R-BTC. A 2-way peg (2WP) allows the transfer of bitcoins from the Bitcoin blockchain to the RSK blockchain and vice-versa.
Our Federation Team works directly in the connection between Bitcoin and RSK, using a bridge between both chains to interact between bitcoin and the RSK platform.
The main responsibilities as part of the team is to improve in a decentralized way the security of the custody account that can hold 9000 custody - BTC and design innovative ways to connect RSK chain with bitcoin main chain.
- Increase the security of a network that will hold thousands of Bitcoins.
- Implement new features for the 2wp.
- Write complex Bitcoin script; program quality code, with emphasis on correctness of implementation and good practices.
- Write solidity contracts.
- Collaborate on architecture definitions based on scalable and secure solutions.
- Design, document, automate and execute test plans.
Participate in the process of generating and analyzing user stories.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
University graduate or advanced student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems or related careers.
- Fluent English Language Proficiency.
- Advanced knowledge in object oriented programming language JAVA.
- Knowledge in Node.js + Bitcoin + Ethereum would be considered a plus.
- Security knowledge would be considered a plus.
- Work experience in development teams with an iterative approach, dividing long-term objectives into incremental milestones.
Ability to permanently learn from new technologies.
Benefits & Perks
Possibility of working with state of art technology in a challenging and unique project
- 100% Remote working (contractor) from anywhere!
- Top tier compensation & bonus
- Paid holidays
If you are interested to be part of our technological revolution, we invite you to contact us so we can provide you with more information about our company and the opportunity to work with us. Send your CV at [email protected]