Senior UX Researcher, Social Impact
The Indeed UX Team is an interdisciplinary team of interaction, visual, and brand designers, writers, researchers and design technologists. Working with Product Management & Engineering, we’re defining the future of the Indeed product experience. We’re big-picture thinkers who know how to work in the trenches and ship. This is the most exciting time to be a part of design at Indeed.
**Responsibilities: Work with your partners on the Social Impact team to meet our goal of helping 30M job seekers facing barriers to find jobs and to support first-time job seekers in India through product innovation and partnerships
* Translate complex, ambiguous questions into concrete analysis and action
* Understand user behavior and motivations: use qualitative and quantitative research methods to gain deep user insights
* Evaluative research – assessing our existing product ecosystem with an eye for incremental improvements and refinements
* Generative research – assessing gaps in our user journey and how they engage with our offerings
* Design research studies, gather data, synthesize it into actionable insights and disseminate findings to various teams through reports and presentations
* Create research reports, user journey maps, workflows, personas, day-in-the-life scenarios, and use case summaries to help deepen organizational understanding of our users
* Evangelizing research insights to a broad section of the company, including senior leadership, becoming the go-to expert for questions on user behavior
* Contribute to the overall vision and user interface solutions for current and future experiences from concept exploration to implementation.
* Work autonomously and able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
* Collaborate with other researchers, product managers, and UX designers to ensure research translates into business impact
*Who You Are
- 6+ years conducting user research for software/web based products with stories to share
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred in design, psychology, business, human factors, cognitive science, computer science, human-computer interaction (HCI), related field, or equivalent experience.
- Flexible approach to research: Familiarity with a variety of research methods, at all stages of the product development process
- Excellent story-telling abilities and facilitation skills
- Mentor, support, and build up others on the UX team, especially other researchers, to do the same.
- Have experience with remote testing tools.
- Experience with research vendors a plus
- Ability to perform all research related tasks in the qualitative research project lifecycle: create a test plan, write a screener, recruit users, schedule users, moderate tests/ conduct in-depth interviews, create video clip highlights, top line results, create research findings summary, and effectively present and share results
- Able to collaborate effectively and act as a strategic partner in product and partnership decisions
- Passionate about helping job seekers who are facing barriers find employment that is rewarding and sustainable