Senior/Lead Elixir Developer
Who should be interested:
* Are you a senior developer who loves Elixir/Liveview and/or would be very interested in developing in Elixir?
* Do you like or love online games or metaverses?
* Do you want to play a huge role in the future of the blockchain / NFTs?
* Do you want to get in early with a very small company where you can make an outsized impact?
About the role
You will be one of the first key members of the Hawku team.
You will be working with a technical, data-driven and product-focused team. The founder is an Elixir developer and MBA with 20+ years of experience starting and growing companies.
You will be working on developing the central Hawku marketplace web app, linking together game and meta-verse specific data with for sale and bid listings - all in Elixir.
As a charter member of the team you will have the opportunity to not just develop products but also shape the future of the company and an entire industry.
This is a rare opportunity to get in very early in a new fully-remote venture building a really fun product with huge growth potential.
Who we are looking for…* You have 4+ years of production software engineering experience ideally with at least one Elixir project.
* You are customer focused - you are motivated by how to best solve customer’s problems - not just the hottest tech. You get excited seeing customers jump up and down for joy when talking about your products.
* You ideally have experience in a start-up environment
* You have an understanding of the full software development lifecycle
* You love intellectual challenges and are intellectually curious.
* You believe in Elixir and want to help grow the Elixir ecosystem by (among other things) producing and open-sourcing web3 tooling for Elixir.
* You enjoy companies that are scrappy, and are able to do more than less.
* You like data.
* You are goal oriented and tend to thrive on execution (i.e. you get stuff done.)
* You like things that are simple over complicated
* You have a witty sense of humor (or at least can tolerate bad puns).
The company works in a PETAL framework (Phoenix, Elixir, Tailwind, Alpine, Liveview) with some web3 add-ons in Typescript.
Elixir experience is preferred but the language is easy to learn and love. Experience in Python or Ruby with a desire to learn Elixir is also acceptable.
Benefits and Culture* Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Flexible Time Off
* Stipend for appropriate desktop tech (laptop, monitor, etc…)
Compensation: Salary, equity and/or possibly tokens.
* Must be in a location that is +/-3 of PST
* Ideally US-eligible.
* No Visa program at this time.