Strategic Finance Manager
We’re looking for a (remote) Strategic*Finance Manager* who will be responsible for developing and shaping our business and financial strategy. This role requires you to be an analytical problem-solver and possess the ability to break down complex problems into actionable components without losing sight of the overall strategy.
You are eager to be the best at what you do. You are obsessed with learning and developing new skills. You feel comfortable taking full ownership of your projects and working in a performance-driven environment while cultivating a strong sense of team and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
* Drive alignment around setting strategy, forming a plan with clear goals and asks, executing and monitoring progress (e.g. Forecasting, Budget Planning, Long Term Planning, Quarterly Finance Reviews)
* Advance the insight and understanding of business KPIs to drive further alignment and accountability across the company
* Institute best practice processes to improve Graphite profitability and scalability
* Identify process and operational opportunities (e.g. Defining key financial OKRs and priorities, collaborate with leadership to optimize forecasts)
* Own process improvements to relieve operational bottlenecks, implement changes in an environment with shifting priorities (e.g. support close optimization workstreams, standardization of tools/templates)
* Communicate priorities, activities, and results to leadership
* Collaborate with CPA to prepare quarterly & annual tax estimates & returns
* Manage City of San Francisco quarterly & annual tax filings
* Manage Graphite’s equity plan
* Manage AP & AR, including invoicing
* Assemble monthly financial statements, including preparation of monthly accruals
* Identify, define, manage, and drive special projects and initiatives; collaborate with leadership across the company as needed
What success looks like:
In the first six months:* You will help us have a clear sense of cash flow
* You will identify and implement ways to optimize savings
* You will propose and help us set clear hiring and other budgets
* You will help us build a financial strategy for our company’s next stage of growth
What you’ll need:* 5+ years of finance experience
* Strategic thinking capabilities with the ability to break complex problems down into component parts; proven ability to lead and enjoy both strategic and tactical work
* Ability to dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate decisions based on changing priorities
* Independent, detailed oriented problem solver with demonstrated experience in developing and improving processes amidst ambiguity, and limited resources and supervision
* Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; with the ability to work well with executives, and influence across various levels of an organization
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
How we’ll help:Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. In order to facilitate this, we provide:
* Process As Needed - We view process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
* Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes.
* Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America and Asia. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
* Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
* Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
* Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.