Senior Data Engineer
EVERFI is an international technology company driving social impact through education to address the most challenging issues affecting society ranging from financial wellness to mental health to workplace conduct and other critical topics. Founded in 2008, EVERFI’s Impact-as-a-Service TM solution and digital educational content have reached more than 41 million learners globally. In 2020, the company was recognized as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company and was featured on Fortune Magazine’s Impact 20 List. The company was also named to the 2021 GSV EdTech 150, a list of the most transformative growth companies in digital learning. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, as well as Advance, Rethink Education, Rethink Impact, The Rise Fund, and TPG Growth. To learn more about EVERFI and how you can #answerthecall please visiteverfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter @EVERFI.
The Senior Data Engineer partners with business and technology stakeholders, leading the establishment of an enterprise data model, architecture, strategy and roadmap. The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for the end-to-end vision, and logical design of the physical Database. The Senior Data Engineer will address issues of data modeling for reporting and analysis.
Responsibilities* Define, develop, test, analyze and maintain advanced data pipeline applications for complex, extensible and highly scalable cloud based data platforms in support of the achievement of business requirements.
* Design, create and maintain the data platform data model at the conceptual, logical and physical level.
* Establish data security, quality, load, transport and performance models
* Research, design, document and modify data pipeline software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
* Work with users and other stakeholders to gather requirements and provide follow-up and user training for assigned work.
* Develop and maintain stakeholder documentation and operations procedures, programs, security, etc. and assist in eliminating redundancy and automating manual processes.
* Evaluate and improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
* Assist in developing standards and criteria for successful implementation of new systems.
* Perform code reviews and mentor junior engineers.
* Research and troubleshoot data questions
* Other job-related duties as assigned.
*Skills, Experience and Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of experience and education
* 2 years of experience with data storage products like (S3, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, teradata, etc), 3 years preferred
* 2 years of experience building ETL solutions using data pipeline products like AWS Data Pipeline (bonus points), Luigi, Airflow, Azkaban, 3 year preferred
* 2 years of experience with development of large scale, complex data architectures, 3 years preferred.
* 3 years experience handling large data sets using data manipulation languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL), python or R, 5 years preferred.
* Familiarity with data visualization technologies such as Tableau, Looker or PowerBI, 1 year experience preferred
* 2 years experience with code hosting platforms for version control and collaboration such as GitHub, 3 years preferred.
* Familiarity with Apache Kafka
* Familiarity with Hadoop or AWS Elastic Map Reduce
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams
Work-life, Culture, & Perks: Competitive base salary and bonus potential
* 401k program and equity plan
* Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
* Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
* Casual work environment
* Annual company-wide retreat
* Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
We’re looking for future team members who are energized and inspired by our values, as well as people who bring new backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. At EVERFI, our eight core values are an active part of everything we do:
* Relationships First
* Demand Excellence
* Embrace Diversity of Thought & Drive Change
* Act Like an Owner
* Always Show Up
* Share the Credit
* Require Honest & Positivity
* Always Ask: “Did I Matter Today?”
- EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.