Software Engineer II
Job Role: Full Stack Software Engineer Seniority: Mid-Level Employment: Full time, Permanent Location: Remote UK (Head office is London) Salary: £30 - 45k
How to apply: Email your CV to [email protected]
Only applicants with current valid right to work in the UK can be considered.
About Us As innovators in online intellectual property protection, Entura International continually seeks to establish ourselves as the number one brand for safeguarding the digital assets of the film and television industries. As the world continues to adopt new technologies, there are numerous opportunities to create valuable content that will enrich the lives of global consumers. Founded in 2010, and recently acquired by brand protection leaders, Corsearch, Entura seeks to empower those who bring new IP to the international marketplace through the delivery of innovative products and services, both technological and operational.
The Role We are looking for a UK remote-based, full-stack Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in building the next generation of anti-piracy applications and systems. This is a unique and exciting opportunity where you will have the chance to combine your knowledge of technology with your investigative abilities to build tools that combat pirates.
Most of our back-end is written in Go and Python, but we are looking for people who get excited about exploring different technologies and are not afraid to leave their comfort zone. It is more important to us to find people who are self-driven and up for the challenge of solving complex problems, than having deep knowledge specifically in these languages.
This role will have you working at the forefront of web technologies and so an ability to learn things quickly is highly desirable. You will be building internal tools to find, verify, and take down infringing content online, as well as improving our external-facing client applications.
- Design, develop and maintain backend systems written in Go as well as some Python, and a bit of Node.
- Build cloud-native applications within GCP and AWS.
- Create REST APIs and Microservices using containers and serverless technologies.
- Develop React-based web applications and browser plugins using TypeScript.
- Help define requirements and break down larger work into small, incremental steps.
- Provide helpful and actionable feedback in code reviews.
- Write automated tests and produce high-quality software.
- Work with a variety of different data stores, including relational and non-relational databases.
- Help to continuously improve the team by contributing ideas and suggestions.
Proactively drive fixes for production issues and ensure stakeholders are kept informed.
A BSc in Computer Science or another related subject.
- 2+ years of commercial experience with a high-level language like Go, Python, Node, or .NET.
- A passion for technology and keeps up to date with industry best practices and the latest trends.
- Experience building web application front ends using React, Vue, or similar.
- Experience building RESTful API services.
- Experience working with different datastores and caches, including Relational and No-SQL Databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis).
- Experience building cloud-native applications within GCP, AWS, or similar.
- Proficient at using Git for version control.
- An understanding of CI/CD and other DevOps tooling.
- Agile software development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to travel once a month for UK team meetups.
Nice to haves
Experience building applications in Go.
- Experience with Python/Django & Node.
- Knowledge of piracy platforms and techniques, such as BitTorrent and Usenet.
- Experience building web scrapers or crawlers, including working with proxies.
- Building chrome plugins.
- Microservices and event-based architectures.
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, etc).
- Experience building React-based applications and TypeScript.
- Familiarity with Data Science concepts and techniques.
- Previously worked in a Polyglot environment.
How we work You will be working as part of a cross-functional development team, which fully owns its products from idea to implementation. We work within an agile environment using a Scrum-based framework, where close collaboration with the business is key to understanding the pirate landscape and making an impact. Data is at the core of what we do and so the team is both analytical and data-driven in its decision making.
We often find ourselves playing cat and mouse games with pirates who are at the cutting edge of web technologies. Therefore, we try to promote a hacking culture, where the ability to be pragmatic and move fast in an incremental fashion is critical. We believe in using the right tool for the job, which can often mean using the pirate’s own tools against them. We strive for technical excellence and so we take time to regularly share knowledge and technical expertise between team members.
Innovation is incredibly important to us and you will have the autonomy needed to re-imagine our existing systems and processes, as well as coming up with new ones. We are constantly looking to improve how we do things and so this role would suit someone who embraces change and is quick to adapt. Your ideas really matter to us and we reward people who come up with great suggestions and help the company scale.
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity to work for a market leader
- A fast paced yet relaxed, casual, fun working environment
- A chance to make a difference and develop your role as the business grows
- £30,000 - £45,000 per annum, based on experience and fit
- Further benefits detailed at interview