Senior Frontend Engineer
Daisie is where creators learn together.
We're on a journey to build the go-to educational platform for the next generation of artists and makers around the world.
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Engineering team and help us realise our mission of building an Art School for everyone.
At Daisie, you’ll be part of the company that’s redefining creative learning. It's a place where you can be yourself, influence the culture, and create work that you’re proud of.
Working in the Engineering team at Daisie is not about fixing legacy systems – it is about building world-class learning products from the ground up that will be used by thousands of creators from around the world.
We've just begun our journey - so you'll have the opportunity to help shape our processes, lead on projects, and run with initiatives. Although our team is primarily based in the UK & US, we're looking for strong, original thinkers from anywhere in the world.
About the role
Day-to-day, you'll be working across the frontend, solving problems and providing solutions to help us build a product our users love.
While most of your work will concentrate on building frontend features and scaling our existing web systems, you may also work on projects that involve building components that interact with our infrastructure or database.
You'll work in a small engineering team, collaborating with product designers to prioritise tasks based on design and business goals. As our more senior Frontend Engineer, you'll be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Daisie in general.
You'll get involved in the user experience design process, from wireframes and mockups through implementation and release.
You'll develop features and improvements to the Daisie product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
We use React and TypeScript for our frontend.
As our most senior Frontend Engineer, you'll facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems
You should apply if
* you have 5+ years of professional experience, ideally as a frontend engineer (or full stack with a frontend focus), working on an application with thousands of end users
* you have strong prioritization, time management, and communication skills; with the ability to work efficiently in a constantly evolving, distributed team
* you have experience with key frontend technologies (frameworks, compilers, bundlers, testing libraries)
* you have proficiency with Figma
* you have general knowledge of Web UI development (HTML/CSS)
* you have experience collaborating on software projects with design and backend aspects
* you're a quick learner with an ambitious and results-driven personality
* you're passionate about creating great products and putting them in the hands of customers
What we offer
this role has an annual salary range of £50K-£70K depending on experience
* sizeable equity in the company
* a fully remote working option, with the ability to work from anywhere in the world
* a place in a team excited to change the world
* $1000 personal training budget to spend as you wish
* $1000 wfh "starter kit" to get set up
* 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
* all the tools and support you need to create amazing work
Our process usually involves a quick chat on the phone, a portfolio review, take-home test and a handful of interviews where you’ll meet the people you’ll work with. We’ll keep you fully informed along the way.
Creativity is about people. Regardless of gender, culture, experience or any other boundary, Daisie focuses on ensuring connectivity with everyone. We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.