Cradle is a recently launched music tech startup looking for a Fullstack Developer. We’re a small yet globally distributed bunch of friendly music nerds who work part-time and full-time. In an average day at Cradle, you’ll perform code-reviews, fix well-scoped bugs, help plan and scope larger features, and pair-program with existing team members. The Distribution side of Cradle Engineering is responsible for the website/e-commerce, product distribution infrastructure, and the user and licensing APIs. The application stack consists of an API and an accounts service written in NodeJS, an integration with OpenID Connect for authentication, a Postgres backend, and a Wordpress instance with some custom plugins. Our application has comprehensive test coverage, and we perform weekly releases from Heroku and WPEngine.
Ideally, you have: A few years of backend NodeJS development experience
* Knowledge of different testing strategies, and opinions about what is appropriate when
* Experience working in a remote, globally-distributed team with lots of asynchronous, written communication
*You might’ve also:* Developed custom WordPress themes and plugins
* Worked at music tech company, and/or developed music tech in your free time
* Implemented an asset pipeline for images or audio content
* Contributed to open source
* Been interested in the business side of a music tech company
Perks*** Work when you want, as much as you want (as long as it’s usually more than ~20 hours/week)
* Sign on as a 1099 contractor or W-2 employee, your choice!
* Be part of an early-stage, non-VC funded startup with a healthy engineering culture and a sustainable growth plan
* Work on something that isn’t dystopian surveillance tech. We sell an actual product (i.e. not user data).