Intermediate Front End Developer (Vue | Nuxt | GraphQL | AWS)
Virtual, work-from-home position. Work anywhere in the US, must live in the US
We are growing! Join a technology team of 35+ rockstar developers, quality assurance engineers, business analysts, project managers, etc who support a company of over 125 people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, simulation and training, ecommerce, content management, and more.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are continued. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace, ranked #28 in Fortune's 2020 top 100 Medium-Sized Workplaces in the US and ranked #13 in Fortune's 2020 top 25 Small & Medium Workplaces for Women by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our meetings are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and movie quotes. We share code on github and contribute back to the open source community, whenever able. Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. We pair, encourage test driven development, collaborate, and enjoy healthy debate here and are looking for someone who can thrive in that environment. A thirst for knowledge and passion for solving problems is what drives the team. Training and education is a big part of who we are, not only as a company, but also as a mindset. We keep up to date in our field via continuing education, conferences, etc.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an experienced and engaged Intermediate Front End Developer who is motivated, creative, and fun to support our existing codebase and assist in developing the next phase of our custom web applications.
- Full-time, 8a-5p in your time zone
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro and internet service stipend
- Must be located in the US and legally eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting (which is a lot of fun), and maybe required a handful of times for team or project meetings (once COVID clears of course)
Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful
Contribute your development skills and experience to create top-notch front end code for both new and existing applications
- Work closely with the Lead Front End Developer / Manager, Product Management, Project Management, Design and Back End Developers to modify and improve existing code and develop new features and applications
- Participate in and contribute to stand-ups and planning meetings
- Help plot our future for the front end through advocating for standards, technologies, tooling and more
Demonstrate an ongoing desire to learn and grow
- Experience with at least one modern front end framework (Vue strongly preferred), as well as the use of GraphQL to interact with APIs
- Knowledge of and experience with some of the many front end tools and libraries such as Nuxt, Node/npm, Sass/Less, ES6/ES.Next, webpack/Gulp, Storybook, linting, testing, etc.
- Experience working with the AWS development ecosystem, including S3, CloudFront, EC2, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and CodePipeline is preferred
- A communication pro - must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly
- Experience creating responsive, accessible web components and interface elements from wireframes or mocks
- An understanding of website performance and related best practices
- Adept at cross-browser testing and troubleshooting
- Strong research skills, you regularly visit MDN, GitHub, API docs, and StackOverflow to learn and find answers
- Comfortable on the command line and using git
- Detail-oriented, your code is semantic and well-formatted
- Open-minded to new ideas and development approaches as the industry evolves
- You take ownership of your work and communicate progress proactively
- You are passionate about front end development, elegant interfaces, and creating the best possible user experience
Submit a cover letter with your resume that includes 1) why you would make a great addition to our team; 2) a development project you are particularly proud of, and why; and 3) a favorite clip from youtube. Submissions without this information will not be considered.