Senior Full-Stack Developer
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
**Are you an experienced Full Stack Developer seeking a new career opportunity that leverages your expertise to drive innovation?
Button is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our growing team!
About You* You have in-depth expertise! You have an analytical mindset love applying it to innovative solutions.
* You’re impact-oriented, passionate, and want the opportunity to do meaningful work.
* You LOVE working with others. You’re enthusiastic about peer review and collaborating with your team.
* LOVE to learn from your peers so that you can grow your own knowledge base and skill set.
* If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
A Day in the Life* Iteratively construct applications in a test-driven environment, following Clean Code and DevOps best practices.
* Execute front-end, back-end, and DevOps software implementations.
* You’ll be converging divergent software engineering knowledge and experience to recommend to clients the most impactful solutions for users and stakeholders.
* Work collaboratively with designers, team, and product owner to:
* communicate technical concepts, constraints, and observational application data, to inform user research for continuous improvement.
* build an accessible, clean, and meaningful user experience.
* iterate implementations to deliver continuous design improvements based on user research.
* You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from inception to service design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance.
What You Bring to the Table* Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer.
* Ability to create clean code to get the job done.
* Ability to lead incident response in production systems and guide the team through incident resolution
* Knowledge of back-end languages (e.g., C#, .Net, Python, API Development, Node.js).
* Knowledge of open-source libraries and a strong tendency towards reusing code instead of reinventing the wheel
* Experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing frameworks and knowledge of testing best practices
* Familiarity with DevOps (e.g., CI/CD, Jenkins, Git Actions, Docker, AWS, Azure)
* Experience with Agile frameworks, like Scrum or Kanban.
Soft Skills are also important* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to simplify and communicate technical concepts, including their impacts on stakeholders.
* You lead by example - inclusively and collaboratively, to co-create the most impactful solution and prevent the frictions that can lead to conflict.
* Able to navigate and moderate team dynamics, opinions, and working relationships in situations where frictions do arise.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to discover and dig in to develop a confident understanding of business requirements, then translate them into technical specifications.
* Knowledge of industry-standard best practices as related to software engineering.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to play a key role in creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. In addition to making a real impact on communities, you will also receive: * Generous compensation plan including base pay and variable pay.
* 25 days of paid time off (15 vacation days, 10 sick/personal days) to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
* Full benefits package to look after you and your family, plus a health spending account.
* A collaborative, inclusive work environment that is remote-friendly.
* Commitment to continuous learning and mentorship with time provided for professional/personal development.
* Birthday treats to celebrate you on your special day.
* Flexible remote work – you make your hours, as long as you’re able to meet with the team on PST time (work-life balance is so important to us!).
Button is fully remote. As such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. Preference may be given to candidates in Victoria or Vancouver, BC. Must have a Canadian Work Permit.
*Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner. *
**Sound like something you could get behind? Excited to drive real, sustainable change?
Apply today with your resume and cover letter!