Full Stack PHP Developer
About the Role We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer with 4+ years of web development experience, with a particular focus on PHP Laravel, to join our Vancouver team. Experience working within a team environment; not only with other developers, but project managers, designers and strategists is essential. You will be working on a team, but must also be able to work autonomously at times. The ideal candidate places equal importance on both form and function when writing code. This individual is also detail-oriented with a solid understanding of quality UX. Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate ideas, theories, and technical concepts to non-developers is essential.
Responsibilities* Work collaboratively with our distributed team of project managers, UX strategists, designers and quality assurance specialists.
* Create solutions that promote reuse, readability, and best-practice coding standards
* Making performance and scalability a part of every feature you build.
* Work with the development team to continually improve our process and workflow.
* Keep pace with rapid innovation in web technologies and exhibit a desire to push limitations.
* Communicate openly, transparently, and effectively with team members and occasionally clients.
Skills and Requirements* 4+ years experience working with open source PHP frameworks (i.e. Laravel/Symfony)
* Experience with Git
* Experience with MySQL
* Experience with CI/CD environments
* Proficiency with HTML5, CSS, Vue or ReactJS an asset
Nice to haves* Experience with PostgreSQL, MSSQL, or NoSQL databases
* Experience scaling PHP applications
* Experience with other PHP frameworks
The Fun Stuff:* Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home.
* This position offers an annual salary, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
* Health and Wellness Budget – $2,000
* 3 weeks vacation plus Holiday office closure in December
To apply, please submit your portfolio, Github, Gitlab and/or code sample, cover letter and resume in PDF format here. Your Github/Gitlab or code samples should demonstrate your ability with the required technologies outlined above. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Briteweb is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity in the workplace and always strive for inclusion.