Director / VP of Engineering
Brilliant is hiring a mid-to-senior engineering leader to work on our platform and help grow our engineering team (currently size of 5, targeting about 8 by end of 2021).
We're built on Ruby/Rails with some React/JS mixed in.
The right candidate will be a steady, kind leader who is interested in the underlying business logic and sees technology as supportive of the business and not the other way around.
Responsibilities: Technology decisions of the company
* Ensuring continued, reliable operation of technical and product infrastructure
* Security and integrity of technology infrastructure and data
* Consistent and predictable delivery of quality software and technical infrastructure
* Determining technical resource and capability requirements to meet company priorities and working with leadership to fill those requirements including timelines and costs
* Providing meaningful input into the future of the business based on current and future technology capabilities
* Managing overall engineering team priorities and appropriately balancing priorities between engineering needs and company priorities
* Hiring and managing teams to support software engineering, technical infrastructure development, and IT related tasks; includes onboarding, training, mentoring, and career development plans
* "Voice of the Engineers" representing the interests of the engineering team to the broader organization, both as a leader and as a member of the executive team
* Support the general leadership of the company, participate in leadership team meetings
Requirements: 10+ years experience in software engineering
* Experience with hiring and managing teams
* Experience in a rapidly-growing company preferred
* Located in North America (for time zone reasons)