Retail Marketing Manager
IN A NUTSHELL…
At Bellroy, we put our heart, soul and countless design hours into helping the world carry better. We make great products that delight people in their everyday lives and getting our products under people’s noses in a physical retail space is key to making this mission a success.
Our products are sold in over 1,000 retailers in more than 15 countries and we are focused on remodelling, adapting and optimizing our merchandising strategy to leverage emerging growth trends in a post-2020 physical retail landscape. We’re on the search for a Retail Marketing Manager who can help spur our in-store conversions and drive sell-through.
Reporting to our VP of Global Wholesale, you’ll be our go-to person for Retail Marketing. You’ll need to have a deep understanding of consumer behavior and insight into what retailers require to increase sales on their floor. You’ll be willing to roll-up your sleeves and liaise closely with our Creative team to help deliver marketing assets to the salesforce, while developing best-in-class in-store fixtures and POP displays.
You’ll also have the delicate responsibility of balancing Bellroy’s brand ideals and creative vision with the important commercial and visual requirements of specialty retailers.
Bring us your creativity, excellent communication skills and uncanny ability to understand consumers; in return we’ll provide you with world-class partners to work with and an award winning workplace culture filled with staff constantly on the search for better ways to do well… everything.
We believe in working to make the world a better place and as a certified B Corp, we’re innovating to improve the sustainability of our materials to reduce our impact on the environment and make sure our products last as long as possible. If that sounds good, keep reading.
IF YOU WERE HERE LAST MONTH YOU MIGHT HAVE…
* Collaborated with our creative team to produce a new activation campaign for in-store fixtures in Hudson Bay Corporation (Canada) or Loft (Japan)
* Visited the stores of a few of our leading U.S. specialty retailers like Nordstrom or L.L. Bean
* Spent some time in independent retail stores across various channels of distribution (fashion, outdoor lifestyle, and gift)
* Worked with our creative team to develop a comprehensive merchandising guide for our wholesale sales team to share with retailers and global distributors
* Liaised with external suppliers to produce in-store fixtures and POP displays for our wholesale team
* Got your geek on, reading "Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping" to brush up on your customer modeling
* Conducted a retrospective with the team on what worked and what could be improved next time
* Gushed over a new store opening and shared your thoughts on why with the rest of the team
* Liaised with creative and design teams by bringing feedback from the retail floor in order to execute product packaging solutions that work well in retail environments across multiple channels of distribution
* Helped with the distribution of digital marketing assets to the sales force including fact sheets, pitch decks, and trade show invites.
* Supported a national or regional trade show through visual merchandising and booth space planning
* Worked with our Social Media Manager to share content from store visits for our retailer instagram
THERE ARE SOME QUALITIES YOU MUST POSSESS…
* 5-8 years working with a wholesale brand in a retail marketing or merchandising role
* An understanding of what global retailers need to drive sales of brands on their floor and the ability to bring in-store fixtures to life
* Experience with marketing activation campaigns and an understanding of the GTM calendar timelines that are customary for a wholesale brand selling to retailers
* Strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task across various internal departments to execute in-store merchandising solutions
* The ability to understand and then implement our Creative Team’s vision with display suppliers to produce fixtures for specific retail environments (department stores, big box retailers, specialty clothing stores, etc)
* Clear communication skills, including the ability to help others understand a project’s objectives
* A basic understanding of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator is a plus, but not required
* A degree in fashion merchandising or marketing, as well as experience working in a multinational company are a plus
* The desire to learn and continue developing your skills
LOCATION AND HOURS
This role is a full-time remote role based in the US. We’ve got a distributed workforce, with a growing crew who call the Americas home, you’ll also work closely with our HQ in Melbourne, Australia. We ask that our remote people are available to overlap Melbourne office hours a few hours a day.
IF YOU'RE READY TO APPLY…
Press the apply button, you’ll be taken to a page where you can attach your resume, cover letter and will be asked to complete some questions.