Senior Ruby on Rails developer
About the Role
Beema are looking for a Full-stack engineer to join our growing start-up. Innovative, accessible and enviable; Beema envisions insurance in a new way - We are a tech start-up that offers innovative, digitised products & solutions.
About us: We are a Ruby on Rails company that enjoys crafting lovely code on a *majestic and modular monolith.
* We are a remote company. Your time and your calm for doing your craft is key for our team.
* We don’t embrace microservices as a way of architecting Beema. As of now, we value our delivery pace and happiness too much to enroll in that journey.
* We have many exciting challenges in front of us and we plan to face them with a small team of experienced and skilled developers with a similar mindset.
* We are excellent to each other. Egos and dramas are not part of our culture.
* We love solving problems for human beings**. We work collaboratively with designers and product owners to evolve our product on a weekly basis.
We are looking for someone who: Has 5+ years professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
* Enjoys writing code as part of a diverse and multiskilled development team
* Cares about *domain modelling and has good practices in Object Oriented Design**.
* Believes that writing tests as part of the development process is fundamental to build great products.
* Has real passion for solving customer frictions through simple and effective software.
* Has experience with Postgres, Sidekiq and Redis
What we offer you:* Great team and a friendly and inclusive environment
* The opportunity to work from anywhere with great colleagues
* Really exciting programming challenges
* Competitive salary based on experience;
Location* Anywere (UTC to UTC + 5)