Digital Product Designer
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
Atlas Obscura is seeking a Digital Product Designer to join our expanding team. Reporting to the VP of Product, the Digital Product Designer will be responsible for creating engaging online user experiences and for providing thoughtful design solutions to grow our business. If you have a passion for inspiring, elegant, forward-thinking visual design and an enthusiasm for user research, prototyping, and interaction design, then we want to hear from you.
Atlas Obscura is a remote-first company, so you can work from anywhere within the United States or Canada.
Responsibilities* Own the user experience for all digital touchpoints, including the responsive website, email, notifications, and more.
* Recommend approach and conduct user research with external users.
* Define, prototype and validate solutions with external users and internal stakeholders.
* Build production ready assets and designs for our cross-platform digital experiences.
* Collaborate with our Product Managers and Engineers in all phases of agile product development, from discovery to delivery to iteration.
* Partner with our Head of Design to build best-in-class, on-brand experiences.
* Manage and evolve our digital design system.
Qualifications* At least 5 years of experience successfully designing digital products in an Agile product development environment.
* Experience creating an inspiring user experience for desktop and mobile devices as well as native mobile apps.
* Expertise with Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently share your work at any stage of your process with a variety of internal audiences.
* Robust prototyping skills and user research experience.
* Fantastic visual design skills (e.g.; layout, composition, typography, color) showcased through a refined and inspiring portfolio.
* A willingness to give and receive feedback and an openness to follow creative direction.
* A passion for Atlas Obscura’s mission of inspiring wonder and curiosity about the incredible world we all share.
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. Benefits for full-time employees include family health, dental, and vision plans and a generous vacation policy. At Atlas Obscura we believe exploration is for everyone and encourage diverse applicants. We are committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume, portfolio, and cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest at the following link: https://atlasobscura.applytojob.com/apply/QdYw42qHXA/Digital-Product-Designer
About Atlas Obscura
Atlas Obscura is an award-winning travel company founded in 2009. Widely celebrated for building the definitive, community-driven guide to the world's hidden wonders, the company also offers unique online and in-person experiences, produces once-in-a-lifetime trips, and has published two New York Times bestselling books with more than a million copies in print. Atlas Obscura has been nominated for three National Magazine Awards, a James Beard Award, three Webby Awards, and in 2020 was named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing companies. Having raised a $20M, Series B led by Airbnb last summer, Atlas Obscura is well-positioned for growth.