Head of Web & API DevOps
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will be responsible for the full-stack development of digital products with Angular and/or React using Typescript, HTML, and CSS using Sass, Node JS working closely with digital designers, and other developers in the DevOps team.
- Backend and API development using Node JS, including integration with third party API's.
- Work with Visual Studio Code (preferred IDE) and Git, adhering to the Pull Request/code review process, and overall DevOps pipeline.
- Work closely with the Digital Designers on ensuring the best user experience.
- Creating modern Single Page Application experiences ensuring compatibility across all major browsers on desktop, tablet and mobile phones.
- Plan, develop, execute and maintain automated tests within the agreed processes, tools and methodologies.
- Document code changes and adhere to high development standards.
- Analyze requirements, determine technical approach, technical design and size required effort to deliver.
- Proactively raise issues where it is unlikely that a timeline is going to be met due to an unforeseen challenge/s.
- Support QA and deployment activities and troubleshoot production defects.
- Contribute ideas and observations for new products, services, tools and process improvements.
- Ensure that our project management process tools (Trello and Harvest) are kept up to date to assist the overall delivery planning.
- Assist in the implementation of initiatives to drive productivity and efficiency where appropriate, and contribute to the Tech Share meetings and associated wikis.
- Participate in internal and client facing meetings and workshops when required.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and new technologies.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE ROLE?
- Strong/advanced technical skill sets in HTML and CSS using Sass.
- Strong/advanced technical skill sets in Angular and/or React using TypeScript.
- Strong/advanced backend and API development experience, preferably using Node JS and/or .NET Core (a bonus, but not necessarily required).
- Experience with Visual Studio IDE + Git for source control, code reviews and DevOps pipeline preferable.
- Excellent time management - with an ability to work to schedules and deadlines. Can manage numerous tasks/deadlines at once.
- Lateral thinking - interpret and analyse client needs and develop creative solutions.
- Self Starter - you will need to be able to work independently and think things through for yourself.
- Detail oriented - thorough with very strong attention to detail, supported by the ability to maintain quality while working under pressure.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Persuasive communicator with outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Relates well to people with good listening abilities and ability to process problems into solutions.
- Self motivated - organised and efficient.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Exceptional knowledge and a passion for all things digital.
- Willing to tackle demanding tasks and take responsibility for actions, using your initiative to make suggestions and working to make things happen.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology - extra points if you are SAFe 5.0 certified or working towards this.
- Love working on projects that deliver outstanding Human Experience to end users.
Attention to elegant design, performance, user experience and clean documented code.
WHAT WILL YOU BE VALUED FOR?
Embracing our philosophy of creating a great Human Experience for the end users of the web applications you will help create.
- Pushing back on requirements where appropriate, and recommending alternative ways that would produce a better outcome.
- Meeting or beating your estimates/deadlines for tasks.
- Producing code of a high quality and ensuring it is well commented and documented to ensure another developer can easily get started on the project and work on it.
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the projects you work on and everything you do.
- Friendly and professional attitude.
- Critical thinking skills for time-sensitive problem solving.
- Passion for innovation & commitment to shipping quality code.
- Friendly and professional attitude, arrogance and egos are not tolerated at Apolinar.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK HERE?
- You will get to work on a wide variety of projects across different industries with a niche size talented team.
- This is a 100% remote role. However, if you are New Zealand or Australia, we have access to shared offices in Auckland, Wellington, Queenstown, Sydney and Brisbane. A combination of remote + office is what most of the team does.
- It is essential that you are able to crossover NZST timezone by a minimum of 4-5 hours. Please assess if this will work for you before applying.